






My work was open despite the ice storm today; I decided to take a vacation day instead of braving the elements in our new CRV. So, today I am home with Kristin and the kids. well worth one tenth of my allotted vacation days. So far, Mo and I got to go out and frolic (more like trudge) through our front yard. We have a slight incline so we took our four-year-old, brand new sled out for a test run. Two times down was enough for Mo. We lasted all of about fifteen minutes out there before we both had enough. Hot Chocolate time (with baby marshmallows, of course.) Right now, it's 11am and the sun is peering out for a bit, snow is gently coming down, and we have Ricki Lee Jones on the stereo. Chuck E. is still in love after all these years! And we are loving the snow day.
Others are not enjoying it as much. My dad is out of power, as are Kristin's parents. I hope they get power soon. Anyone reading this who is in town and out of power, please come by if you can. We have power, hot chocolate and homemade chicken noodle soup. Stay warm, and have a good day if you can. Now for some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment