Sunday, January 07, 2007

Daddy's taking us to the zoo...



Yesterday was daddy day - my dad came over and the two of us bundled up Mojo and took her to the zoo. As we were driving, I noticed the slightest spitting of rain and considered coming back, but we drove on and by the time we parked, it had stopped raining. We are currently stroller-less right as the cheap plastic part holding the front left wheel broke. I think I can probably fix it, being the handi-capable person I am, with a trip to the hardware store, but it will probably take me 6 weeks to drive the half mile to our local shop. Instead, we brought the Babybjorn and I looked like one of those sensitive, New Age dads (or a balding kangaroo.) I think the Bjorn was a hit with Mo because she can look out and see much better, now that she is big enough to face out. She was able to focus on some of the animals and I think the Merecats and the monkeys held her attention the longest (Monkeys are funny!) It was rather blusterous, so we came prepared with Mo's new hat and mittens her Aunt Chrissy gave her for Christmas. Grandpa Joe was very helpful, stopping every 50 steps to re-adjust her hat, pull her pant legs down to cover any exposed areas or to pick up a dropped mitten. We made it to the gorillas and back without incident. The only time we heard anything like a whimper was when we stopped too long to look at the elephants. All in all, it was a successful outing and we look forward to many more zoo visits in the future!

No comments: