Saturday, September 04, 2010

End of Summer 2010








































































































It's been a long, hot summer and I am so looking forward to the fall. I failed to do my annual post about the fair - it wouldn't be summer without at least a comment about it. We went and we had a great time. My only regret is that we didn't get a photo of the winning bale of hay, but I have a feeling it looked similar to last year's bale. We managed to meet up with Kristin's Cousin and family for a quick (and expensive) bite at the Mike Linnig's tent.
The kids are gearing up for preschool - they officially start on Tuesday after Labor Day. I think a little more routine in their life will be good for everyone, especially Kristin. The kids are moving upstairs to the daytime school and have a whole new group of teachers and a whole new way of doing things. There will be a few familiar faces, but I think a change in venue and a new group of friends will be a good change for the kiddos.
This is Labor Day weekend, and the Cardinals take on the Cats with their new coach at the helm. We are cautiously curious to see how well they fair - no big expectations about winning but it would be nice.
Looking back over the last few months, we did a lot of fun things. We got to see Mickey Mouse, we spent some time in the North Carolina (Sweet Caroline) Mountains, we went to a beautiful wedding in Noblesville, we spent quality time with family and friends. We are now looking forward to some cooler weather and the fun that fall brings.

No comments: