Sunday, November 15, 2009

Myrna Pancakes Psssssss

I was making pancakes for myself and Rowan this morning; Kristin is watching what she eats right now, and Maureen was still asleep. I had just made four - three for me and one for Rowan. By the time I took my first bite, Rowan was already chanting "myrna, myrna, myrna...". If you read a few entries ago, you will know that Myrna means More in Rowan-speak (a variation is Myrla). He went on and on while I fired up the pan, Kristin was now in the kitchen witnessing as Rowan's chant continued, "myrna, myrna, myrna...". Finally, I turned to him and asked, "What do you want?" This stopped his chant, mid-myrna. He paused and furrowed his brow. He took a deep breath and let out a slow and deliberate "mmmyyyyrrrnnaaaahhhh", in a George Bush, Read my Lips manner. Of course we cracked up. He wound up eating five pancakes this morning.

3 comments:

C-Lo said...

Great post. Any bacon with those pancakes?

Papa Sparky said...

No bacon, just pancakes with Dip-Dip (syrup). By the way, the Psssss in the title is his way of saying Please.

C-Lo said...

Annette loved this story, too.