Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pura Vida!

In Costa Rica, the locals use the greeting Pura Vida, literally meaning "Pure Life." The context in which they use it is more of a "This is Living" or "Life is Good." I love this expression, and think of it more and more at special times with Kristin and Maureen. Even at the most stressful times (and they seem to be coming more frequently) I need to realize that I really have a great situation - a great family, wonderful friends, and a comfortable life.

On the baby front, are getting good reports from the parent’s day out teachers. One is so in love with Maureen and has offered her babysitting services during the summer when PDO is out. Maureen is not a whiner (except when Granny is trying to put her to sleep), is really laid back, and loves to sit back and observe the other kids.

We’re on rice cereal twice a day, and she is getting better control of her body. She is great at sitting up; she’s rolling over more often; and is much better at being on her stomach – pushing up with her upper body and even raising her tail up. She seems poised to go mobile any day. It seems like she matures a little more each afternoon when I come home from work. Life is good.

No comments: